Certified PROFINET Engineers Course
Course Duration: 2 1/2 days
The PROFINET Engineers course includes both a practical and a theoretical exam (both exams are written on the last day). Delegates will learn about the hardware and software involved in setting up and maintaining a PROFINET network thus preparing them for real-life commissioning and maintenance of PROFINET networks.
The maximum class size is 8 delegates ensuring enough lecturer on student time per individual. Lunch is provided and students need not bring any extra equipment or materials.
The course is made up of a theoretical and practical component and the course outline is as follows:
- PROFINET Installation
- Introduction to the PROFINET protocol
- Ethernet basics
- PROFINET infrastructure
- The TCP/IP Suite
- IWLAN (IEE 802.11)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- LLDP (IEE 802.1 AB)
- The PROFINET protocol in detail
- PROFINET Isochronous Real-Time (IRT)
- GSD Files
Practical Component :
- Setting up a network
- Start-up and watchdog time
- Changing names and IP addresses
- Creating a simple PLC program
- Message recording
- Message decoding
- Cycle time
- Device start-up
- Port mirroring
- GSDML and module configuration
- GSDML viewer
- Interfacing between PROFIBUS and PROFINET
Due to the technical nature of the course and our desire to see a maximum pass rate, training groups may not be greater than 8 people.
The Johannesburg based course will be run from the IDX offices in Fourways. Please contact us if you would like to arrange onsite training.